Lesley Varner (Ball State)

The bulk of the musical talk
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Lesley Varner (Ball State)

Post by Bill Troiano »

If I recall correctly, Harvey told me that he left playing and teaching to get involved with the family jewelry business. But, I may not recall correctly.
jeopardymaster
4 valves
4 valves

Post by jeopardymaster »

That was the story I had heard as well. Just in the last week or so his photo came up on Facebook in a Custom Music ad. Per Carole Nowicke, he is still alive and living in Texas, and she now owns his old 3/4 RM.
Gnagey CC, VMI Neptune 4098 CC, Mirafone 184-5U CC and 56 Bb, Besson 983 EEb and euphonium, King marching baritone, Alexander 163 BBb, Conn 71H/112H bass trombone, Olds Recording tenor trombone.
runelk
pro musician
pro musician

Post by runelk »

He was my undergrad teacher at what was then Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State) in San Marcos, Tx. He was part-time faculty and worked in his parents jewelry store that was on the main strip by the campus. This was '81-'84. He left SWT at the end of the 1984 school year. He was a great teacher and friend. Met up with him in 1990 in San Marcos and he was mainly selling diamonds wholesale. He had not kept up with the tuba world since he left teaching and he stopped playing. He looked the same but with a little more grey hair.
The only thing for evil to triumph, is when good men do nothing...