Wessex in Evanston last Saturday

The bulk of the musical talk
dunelandmusic
bugler
bugler

Wessex in Evanston last Saturday

Post by dunelandmusic »

The Wessex van went to Northwestern University last Saturday, touting Gene Pokorny and Andy Smith. You can see videos in the sponsors section. Thanks to Steve Marcus and the other guy for setting up this event. I was interested in their products, being able to see them first hand and pick them up and play them. Honestly, if you tell me I can hear Gene play anything I'm probably gonna show up. Amazing to hear a bass trombone and a tuba fill a hall and seemingly make the ceiling tiles rattle. Never really heard Andy before-a really strong player!

The presentation was nice, the horns look and play well. One horn they sell is a 5 valve BBb, I guess I'm out of shape, it kind of gassed me. Don't get older, stay young if you can. Mighty Midget is nice-no you won't rattle the ceiling, it is what it is. I liked it. If a Mighty Midget would make you play more, then consider it. One of the biggest obstacles we face is the weight of our instruments. Yes, even Gene and Andy grunt a little picking up the beasts for the play testing.

I have no connection to Wessex, just a curious outsider, I was impressed by what I saw.
Jeff