American shank mpc in Euro shank tuba solutions? Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk

Re: American shank mpc in Euro shank tuba solutions?

Postby Tom B. » Mon May 07, 2018 7:10 pm

I have no experience with this company (I bought my Wessex adapter before they disappeared from the site), but armed with some measurements, you might talk to them and see if they have something that will work for you.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/adapter_for_mouthpiece.html

Tom
Tom B.
bugler
bugler

Postby Levaix » Tue May 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Tom B. wrote:I have no experience with this company (I bought my Wessex adapter before they disappeared from the site), but armed with some measurements, you might talk to them and see if they have something that will work for you.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/adapter_for_mouthpiece.html

Tom

Dillon actually carries a couple from Josef Klier with similar measurements, but it looks like both of those adapters are actually for a "small-shank" tuba mouthpiece to either standard or Euro.

I reached out to Wessex and they still had the adapter in stock, so that's on it's way! Thanks for the suggestions so far, and I'll pop back in once I've gotten the chance to try it out.
Levaix
bugler
bugler

Postby Levaix » Mon May 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Just wanted to post one more update on what happened here. As mentioned, I reached out to Wessex and they were able to sell me the adapter they no longer have on the website. Funny thing is, the adapter ALMOST bottoms out in my receiver. Maybe this was on purpose so it doesn't look weird sticking out too much, or maybe my receiver just has liberal sizing, who knows. In either case it would be nice to have another couple mm length, but it works.

And of course, after all this... I ended up preferring my MB-64 in this horn, Ie. the one that doesn't need an adapter. :lol: Either way, the adapter will be nice to have so I don't have to wonder if I ever want to try something else. Per bloke's warning about aluminum/brass reactions I will keep it separated from my mouthpieces while I'm not playing it.
Levaix
bugler
bugler

Previous

Return to TubeNet