Plastic vs. Metal mouthpieces

The bulk of the musical talk
NCSUSousa
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Plastic vs. Metal mouthpieces

Post by NCSUSousa »

timothy42b wrote:
Donn wrote:Contact dermatitis specifically can by reputation be acquired at any time, it isn't so much an inherent trait. That's why intimate contact with nickel is not recommended, for anyone.
I grew up not being sensitive to poison ivy, then got a really nasty surprise when that changed.

But what's really scarey is the lone star tick. If it bites you, you can become allergic to the protein in meat. No more steak, burgers, anything. You have to give it all up.
I have a coworker who got bit by one of those lone star tics. Good news - With treatment (by a doc who knows their stuff), it is possible to reverse the allergy to meat. It took him over a year, but he can eat beef again without grabbing an epi-pen.
Also, it's only an allergy to mammal type meat (beef, pork, venison, bison, etc). Poultry and Fish are still ok for people who develop the allergy.
BBb Tuba with 4 Rotors -
TE-2110 (2009) + TE Rose
Mack 210 (2011) + Bruno Tilz NEA 310 M0
G. Schneider (Made in GDR, 1981?) + Conn Helleberg 120S
I earn my living as an Electrical Engineer - Designing Power systems for buildings
joh_tuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Plastic vs. Metal mouthpieces

Post by joh_tuba »

The Kelly 18 is a better mouthpiece than the metal version it is intended to emulate.

I remain unconvinced that the material makes a lick of difference beyond allergies and grippy-ness on the face.