Tips to get Out of Print Music/Parts?

The bulk of the musical talk
Mark

Re: Tips to get Out of Print Music/Parts?

Post by Mark »

Are you looking for the band or orchestra arrangement?
Mark

Post by Mark »

dgpretzel wrote:Band, thank you.

DG
You might try contacting Paul Lavender, the arranger. I believe he works for Hal Leonard.

Or, I beleive the music was purchase only when it was in print. So, the meriad of schools performiong this on YouTube presumably own the work. There might be one near you with an accommodating band director.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

You might try the Community Music Forum on Yahoo. It's a good group and they are quite willing to 'loan' music that's out of print.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
paulver

Post by paulver »

Don't know if they would even have what you're looking for, but you might try the music library at The Eastman School of Music in Rochester, NY. Their music library is the second largest in the world. Oxford, in England, is number 1. Even if they don't have it, they might be able to help you find someone who does.
Fergie
bugler
bugler

Post by Fergie »

The Band Directors page on Facebook is a great resource for finding out of print music. I’ve used it a few times to snatch a few missing parts that JWpepper didn’t have.
Dvorak probably wrote the the fourteen notes in New World Symphony to get his tuba friends a gig.