Band Results tmr

The bulk of the musical talk
TheTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Band Results tmr

Post by TheTuba »

Three Valves wrote:Now that the audition has been won, we need to know what tuba, mouthpiece and solo was used to update “the list!!”

A pretty banged up Miraphone 186, a RT-44, and Blazhevich book #1 etude 6 was the audition material.

The most exciting part is that the HS bought 2 new Miraphones hehehehehehe................ :shock:
I would put a good signature here, but i dont have one, so this will make do.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Nice.

I bet the ‘rents are ecstatic!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Will Jones
bugler
bugler

Post by Will Jones »

I’ve never been so sleepy as when I practiced piano in music school. I would wake up with the keyboard imprinted on my face.

I failed my proficiency exam....
Ken Herrick
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ken Herrick »

I remember an end of term jury at Northwestern - all the brass had the same sight reading, some uncommon transposition on trumpet or horn - forget which. I asked if they wanted the correct transposition, "That would be good" said Vince Chickowicz". When I finished he said, "I wish my trumpet students sight read transpositions that well."

Moral to the story - do a lot of sight reading and transposing on the fly.
Free to tuba: good home
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

Ken Herrick wrote:I remember an end of term jury at Northwestern - all the brass had the same sight reading, some uncommon transposition on trumpet or horn - forget which. I asked if they wanted the correct transposition, "That would be good" said Vince Chickowicz". When I finished he said, "I wish my trumpet students sight read transpositions that well."

Moral to the story - do a lot of sight reading and transposing on the fly.

8)
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
b.williams
4 valves
4 valves

Post by b.williams »

Ah yes, sight reading. Sight reading was part of my military band audition. Then we played the same music for 5 years. :shock: Many people can play the gig but to win the audition there has to be a discriminator.
Miraphone 191
Yamaha YBL-613HS Bass Trombone
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

Will Jones wrote:I’ve never been so sleepy as when I practiced piano in music school. I would wake up with the keyboard imprinted on my face.

I failed my proficiency exam....
I guess we can rule out hypnopedia as an option for learning the piano. Bummer, just thinking about it I'm ready for a nap.