Wessex Berg delivered

The bulk of the musical talk
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Wessex Berg delivered

Post by GC »

Doc wrote:If it is request hour, how about some big band, dixieland, or jazz standards? Play some tunes.
I agree. A Real Fake Book or other chord chart book of jazz standards is useful for working on lyrical playing, jazz style, playing from lead sheets and chord charts, and other gig-worthy skills.
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MikeMason »

How would you rate the quietness of the valves?
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
roughrider
4 valves
4 valves

Post by roughrider »

the elephant wrote:
TheTuba wrote:Lets not degrade this thread into a shouting match.
Where was the shouting?
TheTuba wrote:While people may have different opinions...
You missed my point. I am not disagreeing with his opinion; in fact, I agree with him completely.

My point was that it is in pretty poor taste to come into a thread about the joy of a new purchase and crap on that with an opinion of any sort, whatsoever. It was wrong to do so. In essence he let the OP crow about his new horn and then said the equivalent of, "Yeah, whatever."
TheTuba wrote:... what I have done wrong.
I have not done anything wrong at all. If you think I did, you need to reread this whole thread. I am very happy for the OP. A thread like this is like announcing to your pals "IT'S A GIRL!" or "I bought a new car!"

A person with any sort of tact would never come into such a conversation unbidden to say that they preferred male offspring, or that the guy's new car had low JD Power ratings.

Say congratulations or don't say anything. This sort of garbage happens here all the time. I got sick of it and made a very pointed and short statement about it. Social skills *can* be practiced properly online in written form.

Goodnight, Raghul. :tuba:

(Dude, did I spell your name correctly? If I did not I apologize. Please remind me where the "h" goes if I blew it.)
Thank you Elephant! A breeze of common sense all the way from MS!
1930 King "Symphony" Recording Bass BBb
1916 Holton "Mammoth" Upright Bass BBb
1994 King 2341 Upright Bass BBb
Wedge H2 Solo mouthpieces
Stofer-Geib mouthpieces
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

Ren, awesome! Keep at it, man.