ABS Case for PT6P? Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted.

ABS Case for PT6P?

Postby hubert » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:05 am

I am looking for a well fitting ABS case for a PT6P. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Hubert
hubert
bugler
bugler

Re: ABS Case for PT6P?

Postby geneman06 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:04 pm

Check out MTS and SKB. Not many other companies make affordable ABS cases. Probably run you about $550-$650 new. Keep your eyes on the For Sale section, might luck out and find something serviceable at a decent price.
geneman06
bugler
bugler

PT-6P Special Case

Postby Robert Tucci » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:45 am

Hubert,

Please refer to the photos: in stock at my shop.
The area around the top bow is given particullar attention, the bell of course as well as the bottom bow. Instrument shown is the new new MRP CC-tuba.

Robert Tucci
www.perantucci.com
Robert Tucci
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Postby bloke » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:26 am

An ultimately protective case would offer a way to suspend the bell rim with absolutely no contact of it whatsoever with the bell-end of the case.

I've seen cases that large made by Winter (not inexpensive), but have not personally seen cases that large made by MTS or SKB (which - to me - both seem less well-made than Winter, and also seem to be priced lower than Winter, but still somewhat formidably-priced). The immediately-previous blather having been typed into this field, I could not find a tuba case listed on the Winter website that promises to accommodate a tuba longer than 37" in overall length. I was, however, able to view a picture of a young lady (entire legs exposed). She may (??) have been carrying a case...I cannot remember... https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2205/7845/files/Header-6-Jakob-Winter_1700x.progressive.jpg?v=1517048844
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Postby hubert » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Thank you all for your information and especially for those legs :oops:
Hubert
hubert
bugler
bugler

Return to TubeNet