How long do you practice per day? If at all?

The bulk of the musical talk

How long do you practice per day? If at all?

Total votes: 0

TheTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Re: How long do you practice per day? If at all?

Post by TheTuba »

I *think* I have a lot of talent (but that's really up to the TNFJ lol :lol: )
Talent>no work
Hard work>talent
Hard work sometimes makes talent
Hard work+talent>hard work
However that does not mean I kill my face for 4+ hours a day, daily, unless it's a job, but even then, you should take some break, to whoever chose that option
I would put a good signature here, but i dont have one, so this will make do.
Bnich93
bugler
bugler

Post by Bnich93 »

TheTuba wrote:I *think* I have a lot of talent (but that's really up to the TNFJ lol :lol: )
Talent>no work
Hard work>talent
Hard work sometimes makes talent
Hard work+talent>hard work
However that does not mean I kill my face for 4+ hours a day, daily, unless it's a job, but even then, you should take some break, to whoever chose that option
I don't believe in talent or natural ability. Humans were not playing tubas when they were hunter gatherers on the African plains. It's an acquired skill which needs to be practiced and exercised to form the physical musculature and mental connections. It pains me when somebody tells me that they wish they could play an instrument, but can't because they aren't talented in music. Just put in a bit of work and reap the benefits, music is awesome and making it is even cooler so I think everyone can and should give it a shot.
Hirsbrunner HB50 w/Warburton 30DL
John Packer 377s w/Parker Cantabile
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

If you are a tuba hobbyist, which is a great number of those on Tubenet, I've found that getting in as little as 15 minutes a day, consistently, on a daily basis, is vastly better than not playing for a week or more.