Python Tuba: Carnival of Venice.

The bulk of the musical talk
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Python Tuba: Carnival of Venice.

Post by The Big Ben »

Miraphone just posted a link to a version of Carnival of Venice played by Wolfgang Rabensteiner on the Pyton Tuba. Google says the Python Tuba was discussed here about five years ago.

Here's a link to Rabensteiner's page (in German) which has a picture of the Python Tuba. It is in the key of B and the player wears the horn. The body with slides and valves is held infant of the player and what would be the bows, bell stack and bell go up over the right shoulder, with something that looks like the bottom bow around the back of the head and then into the bell. I gather it is in the key of B.

http://www.tubatage.at/wolfgang-rabensteiner" target="_blank

I really like this version.

Here's is the Youtube of Rabinsteiner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGTdalD ... ture=share" target="_blank
JasonEuphonium
bugler
bugler

Re: Python Tuba: Carnival of Venice.

Post by JasonEuphonium »

Just a clarification - the Python is in Bb, not B. The Germans refer to Bb as "B" and refer to B as "H".
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Python Tuba: Carnival of Venice.

Post by The Big Ben »

JasonEuphonium wrote:Just a clarification - the Python is in Bb, not B. The Germans refer to Bb as "B" and refer to B as "H".
Thanks for the clarifications. Things are different the world around. The title said "B" so I wrote it. Makes more sense in getting along with the other instruments that it would be in Bb.

On the link (in German) about him, there are a few YouTubes and one of them clearly says "Miraphone Python Tuba in F"

Jeff "I'm waiting to hear if a shade tree tech is going to attempt to build one" Benedict