Which tuba bag?

The bulk of the musical talk
Kleintuba
lurker
lurker

Which tuba bag?

Post by Kleintuba »

I'm thinking of getting a bag for my new Eastman 632 (which I love, BTW). I'm looking at the Gard 63 MLK, the Protec Platinum, and a Kronkhite. Any opinions on which is best?
Voisi1ev
bugler
bugler

Re: Which tuba bag?

Post by Voisi1ev »

Grabbed an Alteri for my Conn 52J. Pretty good, took about 12 weeks to come in, but it sounds like that is getting faster. Whenever I asked Matt Walters about it that is what he recommenced.
adsteve
bugler
bugler

Post by adsteve »

I bought the Miraphone 1293 gig bag. It was a tight fit, but I felt it had a bit more protection. It's a top loader, but it worked great for my 632.
Kleintuba
lurker
lurker

Post by Kleintuba »

Update - Protec told me they don't make a bag to fit this tuba. I sent Gard a detailed set of measurements and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. Cronkhite now makes bags specifically for this horn, attesting to its popularity. I really don't want a top-loader.

Yes, the case that comes with the 632 is great and I think would even work on a plane, and I haven't used a tuba bag in about 30 years, but I'm getting tired of manhandling it in and out of the back of my car.
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

Messina Covers?
Bearin' up!
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

Messina bags look good in pictures, never handled one. Other than that, Cronkhite bags are hands down, unquestionably the best you can get.