Wessex resting tuba stand are they any good

The bulk of the musical talk
yemag
bugler
bugler

Wessex resting tuba stand are they any good

Post by yemag »

Hi All,

I’m looking for a good resting tuba stand for a 4/4 tuba. The K&M is a little too pricy for me, but repairing a crushed bell is also pricy. Does anyone know if the wessex stand is any good?

Thanx. Jeff
[https://wessex-tubas.com/products/tuba- ... tand-sdt-4]
J.Harris
bugler
bugler

Re: Wessex resting tuba stand are they any good

Post by J.Harris »

One of the venues I play in is very tight space-wise and I'm always concerned about someone stepping on my bell so I understand the OP's concern. It has nothing to do with the thickness of the bell but the vulnerability of the thing. Sorry, I can't give any feedback about the wessex stand, but I'm certain that if it doesn't meet your expectations, you can send it back.
Jason C. Harris
yemag
bugler
bugler

Post by yemag »

Yeah my problem is tight seating with no consideration to the additional space that tubas take up. People stepping my bell and dents from flipping the horn right side up to upside down. Foil thin bell not much of a problem. ; )
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

I can't speak specifically about the Wessex tuba stand, but if it's the same as the prevalent Chinese copy of the K & M, the quality is not even close - I have one of each (in fact, I won't even use the Chinese one anymore), and the K & M is miles ahead. Sometimes, you get what you pay for.

Used K & M stands show up here from time to time - maybe you could post an ad looking to buy one....you may hit pay dirt.
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day".
tofu
5 valves
5 valves

Post by tofu »