Prairie Music Residency 2018

The bulk of the musical talk
roughrider
4 valves
4 valves

Prairie Music Residency 2018

Post by roughrider »

This summer I had the privilege of participating in the Prairie Music Residency held at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon. This is a brass band camp that features excellent clinicians and many performance opportunities. Our guest clinicians were Helen and Glyn Williams of the Cory Band. Helen is the flugelhorn soloist and Glyn the euphonium soloist. There are many videos of the two of them and the Cory Band on Youtube. The percussion soloist was Dr.Michelle Colton from Iowa. Glyn Williams conducted all of the band rehearsal while Helen looked after her two solos: "A Little Star Has Gone Out" and "Under The Boardwalk". This was a very intense musical experience as we rehearsed at least six hours a day and put on a terrific performance after 3 days of rehearsal. Our tuba section was made up of three BBb tubas and 2 Eb tubas, one of whom turned out to be Eric Peterson who came all the way from Minnesota to help us out when another Eb player was unable to attend. I only learned of this after the event! A terrific event. If you are a Brass Band tuba player within driving distance of Western Canada, I would highly recommend this. It occurs always in August. The information for next year's residency should be available very soon!
1930 King "Symphony" Recording Bass BBb
1916 Holton "Mammoth" Upright Bass BBb
1994 King 2341 Upright Bass BBb
Wedge H2 Solo mouthpieces
Stofer-Geib mouthpieces
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Prairie Music Residency 2018

Post by Three Valves »

I’d go just for the U of S in S T-shirt!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Post by PMeuph »

Three Valves wrote:I’d go just for the U of S in S T-shirt!!
It’s just the U of S. There’s no in S after. The OP was probably trying to put it on the map for those who don’t know.
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb
roughrider
4 valves
4 valves

Post by roughrider »

Yes, Thank You!
1930 King "Symphony" Recording Bass BBb
1916 Holton "Mammoth" Upright Bass BBb
1994 King 2341 Upright Bass BBb
Wedge H2 Solo mouthpieces
Stofer-Geib mouthpieces
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Ah, I thought it was like UC San Jose or UT Arlington!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.