humBell stopped by today

The bulk of the musical talk
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Re: humBell stopped by today

Post by Three Valves »

That’s fun.

I hope your sweet tea is not too sweet!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

And safe in Houston as of 3:15am.

Have thrown laundry in the washer, and am slowly waking up.

Hopefully i'll be cogent again soon.

Never have been so good at planning road trips...
Thanks for playing!
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

Grabbing another load of laundry, this time staying with a friend in the bay area.

Sorry i been slacking here.

The fine pictures above are what i woulda seen if i'd taken my eyes from the road on my right and left, right?

Couldn't ask for better hospitality. And perfect truth is i feel more comfortable addressed as yankee than i usually do when addressed as sir or boss (rarely, but more noteworthy for that) in my own locals.

Watching Bloke at work was a real plasure, an artist, quick and sure. I didn't even notice when he pulled the slides, it was in the middle of so much else. And when he play tested it smoke came out the bell. One theory is it was left over from one of the repairs, but it sounded so nice that if ya told me it happened every time he played a tuba, i think i'd believe ya.

2 (more... er sets of) questions: am i really part of the TNFJ? What are my responsibilites as such? Jury duty is serious stuff, i am lead to believe.

And gosh, it has been a week since i should responded. Now i'm in the bay area. I have a similar back log of updating my friends on my travels to work through. May i share this thread amongst my friends so it does double duty?
Thanks for playing!
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

I’d like a Volvo wagon and a cannon in front of my house!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

I did my laundry once more today, this time at my sister's.

Hopefully for the last time on this trip.

And i am looking forward to unloading the vehicle as well

Not a perfect packing job, but adequate, i hope. I did in fact fit my final tuba related pick-up in despite my concerns.

How's DC? And is McD living up to its standards? I myself enjoyed a little In 'n' Out burger.
Thanks for playing!
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

Safe and sound in the north east...

~9,500 miles driving, 5.5 tubas (having waited roughly 2.5 years total to be picked up) visiting my immediate family, 10 friends, 3 tubenetters, and helped the company out i worked for a decade ago with conference booth material transport. Coulda, shoulda, woulda stopped by more of both friends and tubenetters (would that i had more family) but timing and space in the vehicle didn't lend itself... The one thing i truly wish i'd found a way to do woulda been to pay respects to the memory of Edward McMichael while i was in Seattle, whom i never met, but heard about when i mentioned my desire to busk as an integral part of learning to play tuba...

Now i think i'm gonna catch up on some sleep, then do a wee bit of unpacking.
Thanks for playing!