Brassbanned.com simulcasting Tasmanian band contest Sept 8-9

The bulk of the musical talk
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Brassbanned.com simulcasting Tasmanian band contest Sept 8-9

Post by GC »

Just one contest this weekend from brassbanned.com. This is from Hobart, Tasmania. They begin broadcasting about 10am Saturday morning Tasmanian time, which is 14 hours ahead of US EDT (on the east coast). That translates to about 8pm Friday night in the US. Events will continue through Sunday (Tasmanian).

Typically Tim and crew post the daily schedules the morning of the events.
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
tastuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Brassbanned.com simulcasting Tasmanian band contest Sept

Post by tastuba »

This is my home state. My band is playing at 11.30 on Sunday morning. Unfortunately I am unable to attend this year due to a sporting commitment for one of my sons.
https://m.facebook.com/TasmanianBandsLeague" target="_blank" target="_blank
If you follow the link to the Tasmanian Bands League Facebook the complete schedule is there.
Should be some amazing performances in both sections in the higher grades and the sound quality of Tim’s streaming is pretty good.
Cheers Andrew
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Post by GC »

It's about 11:30 pm EDT on the US east coast, and the competition just started about a half hour ago (yes, I missed the first band). The schedule is posted below the video on the page: https://brassbanned.com/2018/09/07/watc ... pionships/

The schedule is way off from what I had expected. It started Saturday at 1:30 pm Hobart time and goes till about 6pm. Sunday is much longer, 9:30 am till about 7 pm. Hobart is 14 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Saving Time in the eastern US, so Sunday starts about 7:30 pm Saturday afternoon here.
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
tastuba
bugler
bugler

Post by tastuba »

I can’t do the maths to work out the time differences, but on the watch now link there is an alternate link which does allow you to rewind if you miss one. It only works for as long as the live stream is going. In our contests, there ends up being a fair break between bands while the stage gets reset for the next one. So there is probably only about half the time with bands playing. So you could start watching about half way through on that link, rewind and watch from the beginning and fast forward through the gaps. I am kinda hoping that will work for me tomorrow to catch my band who play at 11.30 am. I’ll be out until about 2 ish, but hopefully I will be able to rewind when I get home and see them perform. Hope that makes sense...
Cheers Andrew