TU540GB F tuba by MACK BRASS

The bulk of the musical talk
Johnathan808
bugler
bugler

TU540GB F tuba by MACK BRASS

Post by Johnathan808 »

Hello all,

I'm looking for people who owns or has played the Mack Brass F tuba that plays like the B&S 15 F tuba. Is it a good horn to buy, pro's and con's. Is it worth the $3,000?

Please tell me all of your thoughts on this horn.

Much thanks!
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Pittsburg State University
BMus Tuba Performance University of Hawai’i at Mānoa

Miraphone 1291 | Meinl Weston 2250
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Re: TU540GB F tuba by MACK BRASS

Post by MackBrass »

I will speak up. These are great tubas, great pitch and sound. If you didnt know it was made in china you would think you were playing the PT15. These only come with a gold brass bell as this was something i added as a standard to make the sound even better. When i received the prototype, yes i was the one that put the idea of making this model into JinBao's head as the Firebird copy at the time was a disaster, i felt that adding the gold brass bell would be a perfect fit by adding a little warmth to the sound. We have one demo model in stock we are selling for $2695.00. My opinions are first as a tuba player and not a peddler of horns but i must have a slight bias in all honesty because I do sell them. My approach to what we sell is simple, if a pro would not use a specific model or if something cant be used by a pro at the pro level then we dont carry it. In all the years we have been selling this I have only had one person return one.

The return was totally my fault as i should have never sold it to them due to the persons disabilities, i went against my better judgment and made the sale because they really pushed for owning one. They had the tuba for about 6 months before they called to see if i would take it back because they never played it. Because of my guilt, i did take it back for a full refund as they were a repeat customer and knowing i should have not sold it in the first place. The horn in question is the one I have in stock, it was barely used and I could sell it as new but i will sell it as a demo model.
Tom McGrady
MACK Brass of Virginia LLC
Email: Sales@mackbrass.com" target="_blank
http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
804-926-7707