frequency response: tuba players' ears

The bulk of the musical talk
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Re: frequency response: tuba players' ears

Post by GC »

Billy M. wrote:
bloke wrote:and classical dj's - mostly - exhibit epically poor taste, both in their selection of pieces and in their selection of performers.
I swear if I have to hear Respighi's Ancient Airs & Dances one more f***ing time.

What's worse? It was a freebie donation from a record label with some meh regional orchestra.
Anyone remember P.D.Q. Bach's "WTWP Classical Talkity-Talk Radio"? Their motto was "all Pachelbel, all the time." In the last scene a station worker was driven into a nervous breakdown by the umpteenth repetition of Canon in D.
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

One issue is the "preemphasis" that radio stations use in broadcast to artificially boost the bass and treble into their broadcast signal to counter road and wind noise. For that reason, I have to turn down the bass, even on our local PBS station. The bass pre-emphasis is not part of the original 75 microsecond preemphasis, but it is quite apparent when listening to the same selection on a domestic system rather than a broadcast system. (CD player vs Radio).
https://www.cgould.com/75-microsecond-p ... sis-curve/" target="_blank
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Back in the day, you could watch the game on TV with the volume down, and listen to the local radio broadcast and it was all synched up. Then go fill up the car with leaded gas for .80 gallon. A pack of smokes was .80 too. I could take the smokes to work and light up at my desk!! Oh yeah, baby!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.