Hisbrunner Tuba Model?

The bulk of the musical talk
Tschulze
lurker
lurker

Hisbrunner Tuba Model?

Post by Tschulze »

Today I worked on a Hirsbrunner BBb tuba. I have looked all over the horn and have only found a serial number on the second valve casing, but no model number. The horn is 5 valve (4 piston, 1 rotor) and front action. Here is a picture of the horn (before I worked on it). Can anyone identify this horn?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Hisbrunner Tuba Model?

Post by toobagrowl »

I just looked at my old Custom Music catalog, and what you may have is an HB-2P. The HB-2P was made in CC or BBb; the CC model being more common.

Edit: now I see there was also an HB-4P. Says the HB-4P was modeled after the HB-21 CC. So it's unclear (for me) as there are no actual pics of those BBb models, just description.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

toobagrowl wrote:I just looked at my old Custom Music catalog, and what you may have is an HB-2P. The HB-2P was made in CC or BBb; the CC model being more common.

Edit: now I see there was also an HB-4P. Says the HB-4P was modeled after the HB-21 CC. So it's unclear (for me) as there are no actual pics of those BBb models, just description.
HB-2P's have a tuning slide in the lead pipe, HB-21's do not, so maybe a 4P.
Dan Bradley
bugler
bugler

Post by Dan Bradley »

Yeah, this looks like an HB-21 to me. If the HB-4 is the BBb version of the HB-21, then that's probably it.

Dan Bradley