King 2341 (New Model)

The bulk of the musical talk
sloan
On Ice
On Ice

Re: King 2341 (New Model)

Post by sloan »

At one point, I had 6 tubas. Then I downsized. The one I kept is a 2341 (new model - 2nd iteration).

Those with better ears than mine claim it's "one of the good ones".

Which is a clue - some are very, very good - others are not. Play test before buying.

Otherwise - it was "tuned at the factory" and does effortlessly everything I have ever needed it to do.

What more do you need?
Kenneth Sloan
davidbharris
lurker
lurker

Post by davidbharris »

I was down at Dillons trying about a dozen different BBb(!, gotta love that), including the chinese clone of the King (which really was a decent horn). Then Matt pulled out a new/used 2341 that someone had bought and really never used. What a sweet horn! After a couple of hours of trying horns it was the clear winner and I rode home with it. So happy to have this tuba. I also play a beautiful 1885 Czverny BBb 4 valve helicon, which is awesome for all sorts of second line, balkan, dixieland and groove music. But for sitting in a section, the King 2341 melds so much better. I had spit valves put on all the valve tubes to make emptying just a tip. When I stand, I use the newly improved neotech tuba harness https://www.amazon.com/Neotech-5401172- ... tuba+strap" target="_blank
BTW, I can even use this with my helicon, splitting the load evenly over both shoulders; this was a game-changer for both horns and highly suggest it for all players.
Jerryleejr
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Jerryleejr »

Little late to the party but my comeback horn was a new 2341. Then life happened and I sold it. When it was time to buy another horn I had every intention of getting another 2341. However I came across a great deal on a Miraphone 289 and couldn't pass it up. I loved everything about the King I had. Maybe mine was an exception but the fit and finish was perfect. Other than the water collection that is common to these horns I would buy another one in a heart beat. And I still keep my eye out for a well taken care of used one.

JJ
Kanstul 991 Custom
Always room for more....
sloan
On Ice
On Ice

Post by sloan »

A good 2314 is a joy to play - and Matt is the guy to help you find a good one. I’m convinced that they are ALL good, once Matt has prepped them. As for spit valves, I always pull the top slides and pour. It helps to remind me to keep them free sliding (although I never pull a slide while playing - a combination of my tin ear and the fact that they are “tuned at the factory”.

I recently had to downsize. I kept ONE tuba - the 2314. It can do almost anything “adequately” - and I specialize in “adequate”.
Kenneth Sloan