Looking for the story on my laskey 30H

The bulk of the musical talk
tubazach07

Looking for the story on my laskey 30H

Post by tubazach07 »

This is a long shot I know.

I was fourtinate enough to have purchased a Laskey 30H that was lying around Scott’s shop when his son sold off the remaining mouthpieces that he found around the shop. After receiving it I noticed it had been used a lot. It has insertion marks on the shank, a couple of small deep cuts on the outside of the cup, old Laskey lettering, it was tarnished and the rim had scratches indicating it has been played on. I emailed Alex Laskey to get some history on the mouthpiece. All he knew it was probably made around 2005 or it could be older and it has the original laskey stamp.

My guesses are Scott had it at the shop at one time for people to try out and when he adjusted the rim design he stop using it, or he let someone borrow it to see how they liked the rim to get feed back etc. I do know laskey didn’t accept returns.

What I am asking is if anyone from tube net happen to ever visit the Laskey shop and what their experiences were and if maybe they had come in contact with the mouthpiece I bought? I am very fortunate enough to own it and to have been able to talk with Scott over the phone many times about his mouthpieces and his history. I want to do my best to keep his memory alive to pass on to younger generations. I will say the 30H I bought I really like the rim. It’s not the same as the newer ones.