new from blokeEnterprises: Spittaway™ !!!

The bulk of the musical talk
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Re: new from blokeEnterprises: Spittaway™ !!!

Post by Three Valves »

Thank you for leaving your socks on. :tuba:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
jperry1466
bugler
bugler

Post by jperry1466 »

Gotta admit that's unique.
paulver

Post by paulver »

Great idea!!! You can even hang up your socks to dry without missing a beat, should you not move your feet out of the way fast enough upon emptying the instrument!

Additionally, "It'll slice, it'll dice, it'll make Julienne fries"...................
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

So... not to be critical or anything, as this makes exactly fashion statement i desire to make in my practical instrument playing world.

But i feel the spring is pointed in the wrong direction, tending to squeeze the spung out.

Could there be something non compressive holding the spunge in place tight enough to seal, but loose enough to allow it to fill up with water? Then the water key action could be used to unload the spunge.

But this beats out a suggestion i was considering making of leveraging salt shaker technology, and putting rice in your slides.
Thanks for playing!
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Reminds me when a friend of mine had a guitar nut break in the middle of a gig. Fortunately it snapped clean in two pieces. At break, we put everything back together, tuned up the guitar, and I held the nut in place while a took an old Hamilton capo (the big chrome frame with a large spring) and clamped the nut to the neck to get him through the gig. Yes, it had to be adjusted a couple of times, but it beat not having the instrument to play!!!

OK - fess up -- did this come in on a school horn, or did you make this up as you went along? :P
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Reminds me when a friend of mine had a guitar nut break in the middle of a gig. Fortunately it snapped clean in two pieces. At break, we put everything back together, tuned up the guitar, and I held the nut in place and took an old Hamilton capo (the big chrome frame with a large spring) and clamped the nut in its slot on the neck to get him through the gig. Yes, it had to be adjusted a couple of times, but it beat not having the instrument to play!!!

OK - fess up -- did this come in on a school horn, or did you make this up as you went along? :P
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

bloke wrote:It's just a picture that I found elsewhere.
Some repair-types were snickering, but found it to be quite ingenious.
Egad. I have been misled? And on the internet!

More fool i for having followed...
Thanks for playing!
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

I do appreciate the deeds of the heroic capo.
Thanks for playing!
pete edwards
bugler
bugler

Post by pete edwards »

I did this "on the gig" duct tape repair over 10 years ago- still holding strong and seals perfectly!
IMG_5518.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

I thought it was a cool fix. Took some out of the box thinking.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.