so-called "major brand" with a complete parts list for shops

The bulk of the musical talk
joh_tuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: so-called "major brand" with a complete parts list for s

Post by joh_tuba »

Mark Finley wrote:Jupiter?

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have jinbao that jupiter. Student lone horns have been a disaster for every school that has tried them in my experience
Jupiter has more than one student line built to various price points. If the price is too good to be true.. it is. If the band director picked based on price they bought crap. The middle and upper lines are perfectly well built and good horns.
joh_tuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by joh_tuba »

I have no idea if we are discussing Jupiter but I can relate a story about getting oddball parts from them on short notice.

A Jupiter performing artist passed through town and while on tour had massively jacked up his in my opinion very under braced tuba. The repair itself was easy enough but we needed parts for what was essentially a prototype. We called a Jupiter rep that the artist was familiar with AT THE FACTORY and the parts were sent next day. It was remarkably easy.

My point, if there is one, somebody always knows where the parts you need are even if they can't be bothered to share them with you.

Sidenote: it was a great playing tuba.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

So, you’re saying the parts can’t be ordered from Amazon Prime?? :tuba:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

You can use your Green Stamps!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.