Jinbao 210 Slotting Issues

The bulk of the musical talk
BrassKicksArse
bugler
bugler

Jinbao 210 Slotting Issues

Post by BrassKicksArse »

I recently Purchased a second hand 210 stencil, under the name M and M. Horn plays very well, but it seems that low Bb and below doesn't slot very well. I aligned the valves, and has not noticed any improvement in slotting. I the did a leak test with some water, and had water coming out of the back bearing and top bearing of the rotor. To me, this seems like a lack of compression, however, the valves them self hold compression very well still. Any thoughts on this?
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Jinbao 210 Slotting Issues

Post by Three Valves »

Mouthpiece?

I’m getting better results with a FaxHB or an RT50 (Sounds great just too big)
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
BrassKicksArse
bugler
bugler

Post by BrassKicksArse »

I’ve been using a 50, tried my 88 on it, as well as a miraphone c4 and a helleberg. Same results
Ken Herrick
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ken Herrick »

If water can come out from top and bottom of the valve it sho aint air tight! If things aren't too worn a reasonable tech should be able to make a difference by getting the vale seated properly and that should make a difference.
Free to tuba: good home
BrassKicksArse
bugler
bugler

Post by BrassKicksArse »

I resat the rotary valves, and a lot of play has been removed. Seems to respond a little better too. I'm convinced that the horn is not for me, and someone else will probably like it. Such is life!