F.A. Reynolds Sousaphone

The bulk of the musical talk
Austincomerf95
bugler
bugler

F.A. Reynolds Sousaphone

Post by Austincomerf95 »

Hi All,

A friend is currently in possession of an F.A. Reynolds sousaphone and they are curious to know a bit more about it and what it might be worth. I know very little about sousaphones, but thought you folks might know a thing or two about them.

Looks like work was done on it a while back, but there are barely any dents on it right now. Surprisingly, all of the slides move and the valves work pretty well too.

Below is a link to a folder with some images.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q6E23 ... zABsRiOVpi" target="_blank" target="_blank

Cheers,
AC
Austin Comerford
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: F.A. Reynolds Sousaphone

Post by iiipopes »

I agree with the rounder sound. I had a fiberglass one for awhile, and the throat and tenon is just a tad wider than a King, which I think is why. Unfortunately, this was a few years ago, and I don't remember what I got for it, I remember getting a good deal purchasing it and a good offer to sell it.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
TubaTrueNorth
lurker
lurker

Re: F.A. Reynolds Sousaphone

Post by TubaTrueNorth »

I have the same horn. You can search the serial number online. Mine is a early 1950's horn. Great sound! They play in tune. Valves are very well made what their worth?? minimum $1000 Max maybe $2500 tops. Not too sure what the demand is, but they are fine horns.