Instrument warranty question Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk

Instrument warranty question

Postby nworbekim » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:24 pm

Are new instrument warranties transferable like a car's?
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
nworbekim
4 valves
4 valves

Location: I bought a farm in southern Kentucky near Lake Cumberland

Re: Instrument warranty question

Postby Three Valves » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 pm

Fine print wise I’d say no. But if it were within one, two or three years, I’d ask REAL NICE!!
Who needs four valves??

Mack Brass Artiste
MackBrunner 210L
RT50
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Postby nworbekim » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:15 am

i checked with one, it isn't. that surprised me... as much as the instrument costs. i was wondering if this was industry wide or the one company.

that has made up my mind for me about purchasing a slightly used instrument. looking for a particular version, i've had two opportunities to buy a "like new" one or two year old instrument which i would have jumped on, but the prices were close enough to the price of a new one, because of the warranty, i've chosen to wait a while longer, acquire a few more dollars and buy new.

chances are, there won't be any problems with the "like new" instrument... but the way MY luck generally goes (see Murphy's Law) my best judgement says wait.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
nworbekim
4 valves
4 valves

Location: I bought a farm in southern Kentucky near Lake Cumberland

Postby Scubatuba » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:24 am

MOST companies will offer a two year warranty, why? Usually manufacturing problems will show up in the first six months. Sometimes within two years, but those things become more subjective, and it would be more frequent with new models (that may not have the bugs worked out). Will a manufacturer warranty an item? Depends. The longer you wait the less likely. Now, If you buy an instrument from a third party seller, there will be no warranty. Think of it as if you bought a car from a dealer that purchased a car from an owner.
Scubatuba
bugler
bugler

Return to TubeNet