Did anyone LOSE a tuba in Harrisburg, PA?

The bulk of the musical talk
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Did anyone LOSE a tuba in Harrisburg, PA?

Post by roweenie »

Wow, I guess we can now tell Diogenes his search is over....
PS I'm not going to leave a description of the Tuba because I really hope there is not an excessive amount of people loosing (sic) Tubas out there.
As opposed to an excessive amount of people letting loose Tubas.....
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day".
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

Those damn parents in Harrisburg, Let their tubas wander around unsupervised, No wonder the world is going to hell.
TheGoyWonder
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TheGoyWonder »

Harrisburg PA has one of the highest crime rates in america. Badly degraded city...keep your city in good shape or this type of tuba abuse will happen.
paulver

Post by paulver »

Pennsylvania had their PMEA District Orchestra Festivals all over the state yesterday. Just hazzarding a guess here, but it could be that someone forgot to load it into the school equipment van or bus, and took off without it. Like I said..... just guessing at that possibility. I've seen that happen numerous times dealing with kids.... and parents!!!
Tim Jackson
bugler
bugler

Post by Tim Jackson »

Sadly, someone could have wised up and abandoned the instrument to avoid a life of poverty, misery, and marital strife. Falling in love with a tuba can be a curse for the weak and unknowing. I think it's way past time that T.U.B.A. or TubeNet organized a "tuba abuse" hot line. All to often, and even on this very site, we've heard tails of tubas being left in hot cars, unusually ending up in abductions, other instruments half beaten to death by young parents, and now a case of the ultimate neglect & abandonment.

As the music industry dries up and jobs opportunities fade away completely, i think stories like these will become commonplace. I suggest folks leave a tag on the horn (like i did with my dog) "if found, please do not return"

just sayin'

tim jackson
house full of foster tubas

P.S. just kidding... i love my dog!