"Bach for Tuba" (Bobo, Bixby) - Complete Flute Partita?

The bulk of the musical talk
michaelrmurrin
bugler
bugler

"Bach for Tuba" (Bobo, Bixby) - Complete Flute Partita?

Post by michaelrmurrin »

I was listening to a wonderful recording on YouTube of Aubrey Foard playing the Bach Flute Partita on CC tuba transposed down into D minor, and as per description, is arranged and/or edited by Roger Bobo. I was interested in finding the sheet music for this, and I found that I can buy "Bach for Tuba" books (vol. 1 and 2) by Roger Bobo/Douglas Bixby. But my question is: will I find the complete Bach Flute Partita in one or both of these books? If I can buy just one of the books to get the complete Bach Flute Partita (in D minor for CC tuba), that would be great, or if the complete partita isn't found in either of the books, that would be good to know too so I don't buy both of them and not get what I'm looking for.

So my question is, will I find the complete Bach Flute Partita (in D minor for CC tuba) in one or both of the books?

Thank you,

Michael Murrin
Steginkt
bugler
bugler

Re: "Bach for Tuba" (Bobo, Bixby) - Complete Flute Partita?

Post by Steginkt »

The flute partita is in the first book
Yamaha Xeno YSL-8820
Willson 3400 Eb
Lyon and Healy Sousaphone
5/4 Rudolf Meinl CC
Wessex trumpet
michaelrmurrin
bugler
bugler

Re: "Bach for Tuba" (Bobo, Bixby) - Complete Flute Partita?

Post by michaelrmurrin »

Heyo -

Wanted to post an update.

After reading these replies, it rang a bell as to what I can vaguely remember from a classmate (about 6 years ago) talking about the Bach for Tuba books. After thinking about these things, reading these replies, and reading the descriptions for these books on Hickey's Music, I deduced, based on the information I could recall, that Book 2 would be more likely to have the complete flute partita, so I took the "risk" and bought Book 2 first. I am happy to say that the complete Bach Flute Partita (in D minor low) is in Book 2!

So, I don't know what is in Book 1, but I do know that the complete Bach Flute Partita (in D minor low) is in Book 2. I'm happy that I only had to buy one book - thank you for the input/info that helped and also reminded me of the vague knowledge that I had.

I am going to post a table of contents of the book but I want it to be with its own separate topic title so that it will be more easily identified and therefore directly helpful to anyone who wants to know what's in the book.