Thanks Unitec!!

The bulk of the musical talk
williamp
bugler
bugler

Thanks Unitec!!

Post by williamp »

I just wanted to share the positive experience I had with Rick Gattuso and the crew at Unitec in Canton, Ohio. I was looking for a case to fit my new Martin Wilk 6/4 BBb. The horn has some unusual dimensions, including a 23" bell. They took on the project and made me a beautiful, functional, solid custom case. They made it quick and communicated with me every step of the way. It showed up via freight and I was so excited, but when I went to put the tuba in the case, it didn't fit. I was really frustrated and dreaded calling Rick, but he was terrific and reassuring. His "can do" attitude really helped put me more at ease. Today, my wife and I dropped off the case AND tuba with his crew to the exclamations of "my goodness, that's a big boy, isn't it?" and we went for a walk around the art and music district of Canton. By the time we found a new painting for our home and ate some of the best burgers we've ever tasted (George's Lounge), the tuba was fitting perfectly in the new case. I love people who provide great service with a great product. Thanks, Unitec!!
Mark

Re: Thanks Unitec!!

Post by Mark »

Photographs?
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

Are you planning to fly with that? I'd be on pins and needles with how close the bell rim is to the case. As in, Yikes.
williamp
bugler
bugler

Post by williamp »

Nope, not planning on flying with it. Our orchestra performs mostly regionally and I travel with a van. I mostly wanted a sturdy hard case with rollers and the case will fit my needs well.