Kanstul

The bulk of the musical talk
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Kanstul

Post by bisontuba »

On the Kanstul website:

Effective immediately, Kanstul Musical Instruments is putting a hold on new orders for instruments, parts and accessories. We are undergoing a transition that requires an indefinite halt in production.

In the meantime, the Kanstul family and team want to express our deep appreciation to our customers, business partners and friends for the business and incredible support we’ve received over the 38 years since Zig Kanstul founded the company.

We will update on any further developments.

Please direct any questions via email to sales@kanstul.com" target="_blank.
WC8KCY
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Kanstul

Post by WC8KCY »

Mark Finley wrote:That's a shame. I hope they get everything back on track.
This saddens me, as well. They don't just make new horns--they rebuild, refabricate, and customize anything brasswind-related on a scale perhaps unmatched by any other USA instrument builder. It would be a great loss to our community if they end up unable to resume operations.
tbonesullivan
4 valves
4 valves

Post by tbonesullivan »

This is definitely saddening. I mean, they just announced two new lines of trumpets at the NAMM show, and they had been, as far as I know, selling instruments quite well. I know that Zig Kanstul had passed, but his sons seem to have been well groomed to take over. I guess I should be glad I got the trombones I did when I could, though now I worry that if I ever need some parts, I won't be able to source them.
Yamaha YBB-631S BBb Tuba, B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, Sterling / Perantucci 1065GHS Euphonium
Yamaha YBL-621 RII Bass Trombone and a bunch of other trombones
Jerryleejr
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Jerryleejr »

They are selling off a lot of instruments at pretty decent discounts right now to include the 66S

JJ
Kanstul 991 Custom
Always room for more....
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

Also selling lots of equipment on eBay that looks like it came out of their factory. Doesn't look good.
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Post by toobagrowl »

All I will say is it is prolly a combo of the plethora of Chinese brass on the market, as well as others doing better at the school/marching band/DCI market, which was a big one for Kanstul doing well all those years....