"Schill"

The bulk of the musical talk
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Re: "Schill"

Post by groth »

Or does she "assume" it's a handmade German horn because under the name on the bell it also says "Made in Frankfurt Germany" and perhaps the vendor didn't exactly give any narrative about it's origins? Just curious. I also purchased (at one time a similar said horn from same said vendor) and was never told where it was made.

Is this the horn she purchased:
https://www.jimlaabsmusicstore.com/stor ... el-plated/" target="_blank
Online price is roughly the same as the Mack version, so I wonder why she ended up paying $3000?
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

To answer the question asked, pretty low. The world has a percentage of sociopaths and she got to meet one early. I hope she loves the horn and gets to use it for a long time. I WISH you could go beat the tar out of the seller.
circusboy
4 valves
4 valves

Post by circusboy »

Stryk wrote:
Doc wrote:
Same experience. I just politely smiled and nodded when I heard it, already knowing the truth.
And that is what I did when talking to this girl>. I'm not going to be the one to tell her she has been scammed. Up side is, as I said, it looks good and sounds good - it just is not what they told her it is.
I understand being very careful not to tread on the girl's feelings. I don't, however, understand smiling and nodding to a vendor when they lie straight to your face. (Doc's not one for smiling and nodding when his BS meter gets activated on this forum, if I'm not mistaken.)

If you're looking to avoid personal conflict, then perhaps this illegal practice should be brought to the attention of your state government (here's the one for Texas: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/co ... -complaint).
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

Has anyone had either of these vendors actually tell them it was handmade in Germany though or is it something we've all just HEARD someone say about what someone else said and so on? Perhaps they simply didn't know themselves (not an excuse obviously since they are selling said instruments)..
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

Mark Finley wrote:Go back and re-read my post. I was told that to my face which is their standard practice

And not just by any Lackey employee, the owner of the company said that
How about for the "Schill" dealer? I have no prior knowledge of Tempest in Texas, I was questioning the vendor in the OP's original statement.