Kariso cases?

The bulk of the musical talk
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Kariso cases?

Post by bort »

Any thoughts out there about Kariso cases?

They look beautiful and well-made, and slightly more form-fitting than other wood shell hard cases. Any actual experiences with them?
Hard case seems like an increasingly good idea as my 1 and 3 year old boys start ransacking every closet they can get into... :)
greenbean
Superfine Cases
Superfine Cases

Re: Kariso cases?

Post by greenbean »

I have a Kariso case for bass trombone. Nicely made with good materials. But it is not very protective. It doesn't hold the horn at all, so the horn is just sitting on the bell inside the case with about 1/4" if padding between bell and the wood box. If I were to drop the case from just a few inches off the ground I am confident the bell would crumple...

The tuba cases appear to the same idea. A nicely padded box that the tuba sits in.
-----
Tom Rice
http://www.superfinecases.com
Mirafone 184 BBb
B&M Marzan BBb
1974 Besson Eb
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Thanks! I figured it was like a nice version of the typical plywood case. I don't intend to leave home with it often, but want something other than the plastic MTS cases, and slightly more form fitting. Again, main goal -- hardshell protection within my house. Can be accomplished more cheaply than Kariso, Im sure... but they are pretty. :)
greenbean
Superfine Cases
Superfine Cases

Post by greenbean »

At home case? For sure! It will definitely take up a lot less real estate than an MTS or SKB...
-----
Tom Rice
http://www.superfinecases.com
Mirafone 184 BBb
B&M Marzan BBb
1974 Besson Eb
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Thank you Adam. Sounds like a nice case, and again, mainly trying to find a non gigantic hard case, to keep my kids from dropping things onto a soft gig bag. Probably wouldn't leave home.

Kariso cost is comparable to MTS, so not a bad option.