Laskey Acquired by Eastman?

The bulk of the musical talk
lowtones425
bugler
bugler

Laskey Acquired by Eastman?

Post by lowtones425 »

I received the following email today... (Excerpts below)

"We're proud to announce the addition of the Laskey Mouthpiece Company to the Eastman Family. Please see the press release and contact information below to stay up to date on this exciting news.

*********FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*********

Acquisition Takes Laskey Mouthpiece Company Global
​Musical Instrument Manufacturer Diversifies With Brass Acquisition

Backun Musical Services, partner of the Eastman Music Company, and manufacturer of sought-after clarinets and woodwind accessories, announced that they have acquired the Laskey Company, manufacturer of custom brass mouthpieces.

Laskey joins the Eastman family, which includes Eastman, Wm. S. Haynes Co., S.E. Shires Co., Backun Musical Services and Wm. S. Haynes Co. The acquisition brings Backun’s advanced manufacturing capabilities to brass players through the respected designs of Scott Laskey, founder of the Laskey Company. The Laskey line of products will benefit from Eastman’s outstanding brand and strong dealer relationships throughout North America and abroad, while leveraging the reputation of S.E. Shires Custom Brass and Eastman Brass in reaching a diverse group of global brass artists.

Jeremy Backun, VP of Operations at Backun, comments: “It is a great honor to be part of the team that will continue Scott Laskey’s legacy in brass mouthpiece design and craftsmanship. As a trumpet player, I have long desired to be involved in brass mouthpiece manufacturing. Given Backun’s highly advanced machining capabilities, I look forward to bringing Laskey mouthpieces to more brass players worldwide.”

On the recent acquisition, Eastman Vice President, Ryan Richman, said: “I am so excited to welcome the Laskey Company to the Eastman family of brands. Scott’s dedication to his craft is well known in the brass community and we are humbled to have been chosen to honor his legacy by continuing his work.”

As a new division of Backun, Laskey will be led by Jeremy Backun as the General Manager. Samantha Lane will be the Sales Manager, with Joel Jaffe as the Marketing Manager. All three will continue in their respective roles with Backun and S.E. Shires, in addition to their new roles with Laskey."

This sounds like it could be a great thing!

:tuba: :tuba: :tuba:
Eastman 6/4 CC - Laskey 30HE
Rudy Meinl 4/4 F - Breslmair F3
Conn 2J 3/4 CC - Eastman Paperweight
Olds BBb Sousaphone - Tin Can
Billy M.
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Laskey Acquired by Eastman?

Post by Billy M. »

Well, that answers my questions about Laskey.
Romans 3:23-24

Billy Morris
Rudolf Meinl Model 45, Musikmesse Horn
Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb (19" Bell)
1968 Besson New Standard Eb (15" Bell)