Piccolo part for Stars and Stripes

The bulk of the musical talk
TUBUD
bugler
bugler

Piccolo part for Stars and Stripes

Post by TUBUD »

Does anyone have a piccolo part for the Star Spangled Banner written for tuba?
WILLSON 3400SFA5 Eb
KALISON PRO 2000 CC
Principal Tuba Huntington Symphony Orch.
Lincoln Brass (quintet)
Backyard Dixie Jazz Stompers
DiveBomber
bugler
bugler

Re: Piccolo part for Stars and Stripes

Post by DiveBomber »

The marine band has posted all the parts of the march for free, you can google it. What I did was took the piccolo part and just transcribed it to the tuba.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1irBIA ... Zmyg_Ycd5m" target="_blank

There is a link that may work, tell me if it doesn't.
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

Worked for me! By the way, why the name DiveBomber? I'm a bit of an airplane nerd, so I'm curious...
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

bloke wrote:Do you need it in G, then...or are you playing it with a band (A-flat) ?

> It's a piccolo solo. Give the piccolo players their due (as flute/piccolo players really aren't featured, much, in wind band music...and even in symphony orchestras, it's THEIR solo).
> The "tuba playing the piccolo solo schtick" is a tired joke that never was funny, and one that the audience/crowd/patrons probably won't "get".

8)
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

windshieldbug wrote:
bloke wrote:Do you need it in G, then...or are you playing it with a band (A-flat) ?

> It's a piccolo solo. Give the piccolo players their due (as flute/piccolo players really aren't featured, much, in wind band music...and even in symphony orchestras, it's THEIR solo).
> The "tuba playing the piccolo solo schtick" is a tired joke that never was funny, and one that the audience/crowd/patrons probably won't "get".

8)
Yes, much like the "bears balancing on a tightrope" act. Bears are pretty nimble and are known to be nimble but the humor comes from the anticipation that the bear will goof up and fall off the tightrope. Same with tuba on piccolo part. It's not so difficult for a tuba player to do but oh, so funny, if the tuba player screws it up.

I don't think so. Homey Don't Play That.
Mark

Post by Mark »

The scary part, for me, is that after all these years of griping about sharp-keyed marches, the orchestra version in D (not G) is starting to look more natural than the Ab. I guess I need to play in more bands.
Mark

Post by Mark »

bloke wrote:Originally, wind bandsmen played Db piccolos, and this solo (sounding in A-flat) WAS in G for the piccolo players.
:? I was referring to the tuba parts. I agree with you that the piccolos should be playing the piccolo part.