bell brace for fibersousa

The bulk of the musical talk
Tim Jackson
bugler
bugler

bell brace for fibersousa

Post by Tim Jackson »

It's not that I have to much time on my hands... sometimes I just like to construct and make things. I should be cleaning my office - I'll come up with anything to delay that chore.

Someone here mentioned fiberglass sousaphones not having a bell brace so I fabricated one out of PVC to go on my faux sousa project.
Can't wait to paint this. It will look so cool when I faux the antique brass patina. The bow guards are in place as well!
bell brace for fibersousa l.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Re: bell brace for fibersousa

Post by toobagrowl »

That King-looking brace looks good on that 36k :!:

I only mentioned the Conn 36k fiberglass sousa not having that lower bell elbow to upper branch brace.
Then bloke mentioned how it didn't "need" it because it had that connecter 'chunk' below that section, and how the bell was light. :lol: I was tempted to post about other well-engineered fiberglass sousas that not only had a connecter chunk, but also a lower bell elbow to upper branch brace, like the Selmer Signet :tuba:

IMO, I think you have made that Conn 36k better than stock 36k's, because of the mods/finish you have applied to it 8)