Re: www

Post by bort »

Well... what are they called?
NCSUSousa
3 valves
3 valves

Post by NCSUSousa »

We call those 'bi-ax' (bi-axial) compact fluorescent bulbs if they only have 1 set of tubes coming out of the base.
There's a separate category for true U-shaped fluorescent bulbs, or compact fluorescent bulbs that have 2 (DTT - Dual Twin Tube) or 3 (TTT - Triple Twin Tube) sets of tubes.

Now that LED has taken over, they're not specified any more for new construction or renovation work.
If someone is buying a new fixture, LED is more energy efficient, gives more light, and costs the same or less. I actually threw away my Sylvania lamp catalog a few months ago after realizing that I hadn't used it in over 2 years.

Edit - And yes, I can tell you what most of the parts of that catalog number are indicating if you ever want to try and find an LED equivalent/replacement.
BBb Tuba with 4 Rotors -
TE-2110 (2009) + TE Rose
Mack 210 (2011) + Bruno Tilz NEA 310 M0
G. Schneider (Made in GDR, 1981?) + Conn Helleberg 120S
I earn my living as an Electrical Engineer - Designing Power systems for buildings
NCSUSousa
3 valves
3 valves

Post by NCSUSousa »

BTW - I absolutely agree with buying 2 new lamps at that price. It's just that I wouldn't be able to buy (or justify) the fluorescent fixture they go in anymore vs buying LED if the drop light ever quit.
BBb Tuba with 4 Rotors -
TE-2110 (2009) + TE Rose
Mack 210 (2011) + Bruno Tilz NEA 310 M0
G. Schneider (Made in GDR, 1981?) + Conn Helleberg 120S
I earn my living as an Electrical Engineer - Designing Power systems for buildings
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

+1 Joe, I've often thought of exactly this.

Furthermore, I've met many good people whom I would never had the opportunity to know.
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day".
Charlie C Chowder
bugler
bugler

Post by Charlie C Chowder »

As your may remember, I made a living as an electrician. On one of my trouble calls that happened just as the LED bulbs first came out, I found that the LED bulbs the person had bought were bad. He had bought a whole case and they were all bad. He sax not a very happy person signing the check for my time. One hour minimum.

CCC
Ken Herrick
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ken Herrick »

The reflections off all the tubas was straining their eyes.
Free to tuba: good home