Bundy Eb Sousaphone with a Conn 20k bit?

The bulk of the musical talk
gmccallum91
lurker
lurker

Bundy Eb Sousaphone with a Conn 20k bit?

Post by gmccallum91 »

2C913A4B-8818-46D7-866D-82B266B34B8B.jpeg
Hello,

I just received a Bundy Eb sousaphone yesterday and it sounds great as it is but I have a question about this neck/tuning bit situation. It looks like it came with a Conn 20k bit(please confirm in attached photo) that fits into the neck, but not as deep as it would on a Conn BBb neck. It would be more comfortable for me to play with a second bit, should I just order a Conn 20k bit set? Would there even be Bundy Eb bits to purchase?

Any info would be great, thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gmccallum91
lurker
lurker

Re: Bundy Eb Sousaphone with a Conn 20k bit?

Post by gmccallum91 »

That would be great! I’ll send you a pm.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

When I had a Selmer souzy for awhile, I looked at the Allied chart. If memory serves, I got a Jupiter neck and bits for it as it was the best match. Your neck may or may not be original to the horn, as it looks different than the original one I had, which had more of a "J" characteristic, which impeded angling of bits to fit me, and is why I had to get another neck. Here is the chart so you can measure and figure. Note the chart recommends adjusting or replacing the receiver for the A210 neck and the A211 bits. I would measure the male part of the neck to see if this has already been done to your souzy, then order the bits accordingly.
SousaNecksandBits.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
gmccallum91
lurker
lurker

Post by gmccallum91 »

Thanks for the chart, it's kinda like I have a mini Conn neck but I have no clue what it could be from. Gonna measure later and see what I can do.