A warning regarding Cronkhite cases

The bulk of the musical talk
vlatuba
bugler
bugler

A warning regarding Cronkhite cases

Post by vlatuba »

I don’t like to air dirty laundry about any company, but I know there are many individuals in similar circumstances as my own. Please, be warned regarding Cronkhite Cases.

Just the facts. Draw your own conclusions:
- I have a fully paid commercial order with Cronkhite Cases/Torpedo Bags Placed in October 2019 in excess of $3500.
- my order has been promised delivery since January
- My order has been ready to ship since March 31
- the owner has not replied to my emails since August 13, when I was again (third time!) promised deliver “on Friday”
- the owner did not reply to two attempts by the BBB to contact them
- Torpedo Bags (Cronkhite Cases) has an F rating with the BBB
- Torpedo Cases has launched (and presumably delivered) new products while my order has been waiting on the loading dock
- the owner published in a different BBB complaint response that he is “...prioritizing patient customers” rather than filling orders in proper order
- I was informed by the BBB today that my case lodged against Torpedo Bags/Cronkhite Cases has been closed due to a lack of response.

I realise that a lot has happened since this order was placed and that Torpedo Bags has had a lot to deal with. My order was promised before Covid and the civil unrest In Minneapolis. I think 5 and half months is enough time for a half hour phone call to get a shipping quote, writing a refund check or simply returning an email, especially if he’s moved on and taken new work.

I hope that this provides anyone looking for a gig bag some food for thought.
JPLynd
bugler
bugler

Re: A warning regarding Cronkhite cases

Post by JPLynd »

I've had a completely opposite experience with them... I called them this morning and left a message about my order (I wanted to cancel it because I sold the horn I was ordering a bag for). Heard back from them in about 30 minutes, and already have a refund on my credit card.

Just my experience though. I think they were very upfront about being delayed due to COVID and the protests and thats why they're giving a 25% discount right now... I received pretty regular communication from them prior to cancelling too.
Meinl Weston 5450 "Thor" (Small Bell)
Miraphone Norwegian Star 283 Eb
Wessex CC Helicon

Gone but not forgotten :tuba:
MRP, YEB-321, 45SLZ, 188, 45SLP, 2155, 836, 5450RA, 56J, 853, 46, 410, 201N, 186
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

Thanks.

You did well in expressing only facts. I'm sure the frustration level is high.

Feeling sympathetic. :(
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
tbonesullivan
4 valves
4 valves

Post by tbonesullivan »

Could there be some type of export restriction that is holding up shipment? Still the lack of communication is totally NOT cool.
Yamaha YBB-631S BBb Tuba, B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, Sterling / Perantucci 1065GHS Euphonium
Yamaha YBL-621 RII Bass Trombone and a bunch of other trombones