Eastman gig-bag

The bulk of the musical talk
DiveBomber
bugler
bugler

Eastman gig-bag

Post by DiveBomber »

I recently got an Eastman 836 and am loving it, a wonderful horn. After wheeling around the hard case for a few weeks my arms say its time for a bag. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I have heard good things about Messina Covers (and the price doesn't sound bad either). Any and all suggestions/opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Snake Charmer
bugler
bugler

Re: Eastman gig-bag

Post by Snake Charmer »

My Eastman 853 (and others of my tuba family) travels in a Couesnon gigbag. They are handmade side-loaders with a compartment big enough for lots of sheet music, sturdy handles and backpack straps. Fitting like a glove they offer good protection (but I would not throw it into a bus luggage compartment!).
At the the moment Couesnon offers up to 20% discount:
www.pgm-couesnon.fr
Sandlapper
bugler
bugler

Post by Sandlapper »

I got a Eastman EBB562 and it fits snugly in a Miraphone 186 gig bag which is a top loader, but that works ok for me. Don't know the measurements of your horn, but there are several sizes of Miraphone horn bagss. The bag is well made, well padded and importantly to me comfortable to wear. There was a post some years ago from someone who was using the Wessex gig bags on a non Wessex tuba and he was pleased with that option as a less expensive choice. A couple of friends use them and the bags seem well made.
Wes Krygsman
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Wes Krygsman »

I have a Soundwear gig bag for sale for $600 or best offer that fits the York copies quite well (I have a Nirschl York).
Doesn’t get any more protective or well built than that. It’s currently in Facebook market place, but you could email me if you are interested or with an offer.

WeskrygsmanATgmailDOTcom (substitute symbols for the capitals)
Wes Krygsman

Adjunct professor-Kean University
Freelance musician-NJ/NYC area & private lessons

Nirschl York 6/4 CC
Yamaha 821 F
Cerveny 601 Kaiser BBb
Yamaha Ybb 103 BBb
Conn 36k Fiberglass sousaphone BBb
Wes Krygsman
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Wes Krygsman »

I have a Soundwear gig bag for sale for $600 or best offer that fits the York copies quite well (I have a Nirschl York).
Doesn’t get any more protective or well built than that. It’s currently in Facebook market place, but you could email me if you are interested or with an offer.

WeskrygsmanATgmailDOTcom (substitute symbols for the capitals)
Wes Krygsman

Adjunct professor-Kean University
Freelance musician-NJ/NYC area & private lessons

Nirschl York 6/4 CC
Yamaha 821 F
Cerveny 601 Kaiser BBb
Yamaha Ybb 103 BBb
Conn 36k Fiberglass sousaphone BBb
greenbean
Superfine Cases
Superfine Cases