A new video uploaded...I hope it helps!

The bulk of the musical talk
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

A new video uploaded...I hope it helps!

Post by Chris Olka »

Hey folks, just uploaded one of my all-time most requested videos to my channel as well as my website. I hope that it helps those of you working on this technique. I put a lot of thought, time, and effort into producing this. I hope you enjoy it!

https://chrisolka.com/index.php/2021/03 ... a-channel/

#iplayeastman
Chris Olka
Cincinnati Symphony
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: A new video uploaded...I hope it helps!

Post by iiipopes »

Chris Olka wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:12 pm Hey folks, just uploaded one of my all-time most requested videos to my channel as well as my website. I hope that it helps those of you working on this technique. I put a lot of thought, time, and effort into producing this. I hope you enjoy it!

https://chrisolka.com/index.php/2021/03 ... a-channel/

#iplayeastman
Thanks! Especially for all of us community band players that have not been able to play in rehearsal or concert for quite awhile. This really will help us get back into proper shape for (hopefully) the upcoming season as we are able to resume.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
TubaBeage
bugler
bugler

Post by TubaBeage »

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Do you need to lube up your lips so that they can move around easily?
A.N.Other
bugler
bugler

Post by A.N.Other »

Thanks for the very clear explanation of the technique and especially the encouraging comments as I am one of the players whose music school teacher back in the 90's insisted not to use the shift which surely limited my abilities and confidence in my skllls for some years back then.

Best
Tom