Barroom Speculation: Future of tuba-ing Employment?

Topics regarding life as a professional
dante jones
lurker
lurker

Barroom Speculation: Future of tuba-ing Employment?

Post by dante jones »

Several topics come to mind for post-pandemic speculation:

*If & when North American symphonies and bands return to their schedules, will there be a crush of auditioners going to LA, Buffalo, Richmond, Princeton, the US Army bands, maybe one weekend after another? (does anyone know if St. Louis is still scheduled for next month?)

*Will there be a large number of retirements at this time a year from now from universities and orchestras?

*What are the chances those institutions make those jobs adjunct and per-service, respectively?

*How much should we north american teachers encourage our students to relocate to Asia/Europe to work as tubists? Or we as individuals?

*What kinds of entrepreneurial gimmicks (listen i'm a wrestling fan, I use that term endearingly) will be most successful (able to be replicated easily) as future avenues of employment for tubists?

Take one, take all, suggest your own topic, but this is the place to air it all out!
Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. - Rumi
28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. - Jesus of Nazareth