Bagpipe practice mutes?

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Bagpipe practice mutes?

Post by humBell »

Apologies this isn't strictly tuba related.

I am more wondering if such a thing exists.

It kinda defeats the purpose of course, but even i am reluctant to inflict bagpipe practice on my neighbors...
Thanks for playing!
opus37
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Bagpipe practice mutes?

Post by opus37 »

I suggest getting a practice chanter. They are just the fingering tube with a double reed on the inside. It is quiet enough for practice without inciting a riot with the neighbors. There are several available on Amazon. They range from $15 to $160. Other than that, your options are a boat ride 5 miles off shore or driving to a remote spot 10 miles from anything. Of course, you may attract whales, elk, moose or alligators. (Stray Scotts are likely too.)
Brian
1892 Courtiere (J.W. Pepper Import) Helicon Eb
1980's Yamaha 321 euphonium
2007 Miraphone 383 Starlight
2010 Kanstul 66T
2016 Bubbie Mark 5
DCottrell
bugler
bugler

Post by DCottrell »

Google "baz-pipe"
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

Baz-pipes sound promising.

Chanter to ke sounds like the easy part to learn, as i have played recorder before. My greatest concern is getting used breathing independent of music/bag management.

But not a priority, so it may be a while before i follow up on this.

Thanks a bunch!

Someone was just telling me about these Robert Burns dinners they have.

That, and while i never knew if it was a joke on my parents, but rumor has it my grandparents had offer to pay for bagpipe lessons at one point. Whether serious or not, i feel i missed an opportunity to better myself...
Thanks for playing!