BBC tuba rest

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
AlexCastillo
bugler
bugler

BBC tuba rest

Post by AlexCastillo »

Hello, I am looking to buy another BBC tuba rest. I have 1 already but I would like another one as a backup. If you have one you aren’t using please shoot me a message and I’ll buy it off of you! I’m located in Boca Raton FL.
AlexCastillo
bugler
bugler

Re: BBC tuba rest

Post by AlexCastillo »

Bump
Glennpriest
lurker
lurker

Post by Glennpriest »

Hello Alex I got one lying over here if you interested check out for pics and detail on the email.

[redacted] @ Gmail dot com
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

Post by arpthark »

Be careful of scammers. The above poster listed a different email address with a different name in a prior post. The email listed in this forum appears on the stopforumspam message board as a known spam/scammer.

There is virtually no moderation on TubeNet anymore, so you sort of have to be aware of these things.
Glennpriest
lurker
lurker

Post by Glennpriest »

Was willing to help a member here and just a directive email to where I got mine stand for a long time ago please don’t address me as a scammer thanks.
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

Post by arpthark »

Wow, I can't believe the day would come where I would be directly addressing a Nigerian scammer on TubeNet, but here we are.

Both the krishdave email and the Glennpriest email are associated with the same IP address, likely using a VPN.

https://www.stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/216.131.105.191

https://www.stopforumspam.com/country/NG/21

Nigerian scammer. The old trick of "Email [name@email], he has what you want!" pops up all the time on these forums. Scammy scam scam.

Alex, I am sorry to derail your WTB thread, but please be aware and always ask to use PayPal (NOT friends & family) for people you don't know who you encounter online.
Older Pro
lurker
lurker

Post by Older Pro »

Thankfully the other forum has stopped these scammers dead in their tracks.
AlexCastillo
bugler
bugler

Post by AlexCastillo »

Thanks @arpthark! Scammers everywhere these days, insane.
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Post by kingrob76 »

AlexCastillo wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:33 am Hello, I am looking to buy another BBC tuba rest. I have 1 already but I would like another one as a backup. If you have one you aren’t using please shoot me a message and I’ll buy it off of you! I’m located in Boca Raton FL.
Reach out to Baltimore Brass - they might have a couple laying around (I got a spare last summer that way) and they are still planning on producing / selling these.
Rob. Just Rob.