WTB: CC Tuba under $2000

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
vandoeduardo
bugler
bugler

WTB: CC Tuba under $2000

Post by vandoeduardo »

Hi there guys.

I know it's a not so easy request but, I'm looking for a CC tuba, preferably 4+1, but I'm on a budget at this time, so looking for something under $2000.
I'm in the NY area.
MKTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: CC Tuba under $2000

Post by MKTuba »

Your best bet is a Mack Brass 410. Every once and awhile a used one comes up for sale for around $1500.

Do you really want a 4+1 CC? This would be 4 valves in the right hand and one in the left. A very unusual combination nowadays, and is pretty much only used on old tubas, or by people with some sort of physical ailment that would require the 5th valve to be in the left hand (like missing right thumb).
B&S 3198 (PT6P)
Wilson 3200s

BM Tuba Performance @ Michigan State
vandoeduardo
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: CC Tuba under $2000

Post by vandoeduardo »

MKTuba wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:03 pm Your best bet is a Mack Brass 410. Every once and awhile a used one comes up for sale for around $1500.

Do you really want a 4+1 CC? This would be 4 valves in the right hand and one in the left. A very unusual combination nowadays, and is pretty much only used on old tubas, or by people with some sort of physical ailment that would require the 5th valve to be in the left hand (like missing right thumb).
That's the exact model I was thinking about.
And I though 4+1 would be anything with 5 valves so, my mistake.

I'll keep looking in the selling forum to see if a Mack 410 comes up, or anything similar.

Thank you!