Looking to try a B&S 3198 (piston PT-6)

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Jewba98
lurker
lurker

Looking to try a B&S 3198 (piston PT-6)

Post by Jewba98 »

Hey everyone! Not sure if this is the right place for this (feel free to let me know if not :) ). I am in the eternal quest for a larger CC tuba (who isn’t these days??) and I’ve narrowed down what I want to a few. The B&S 3198 comes extremely highly recommended by many, including my teacher. I’ve been lead to believe it compares favorably to the Miraphone 1292 New Yorker which I like a lot. It seems like they’re kind of hard to find at dealers at the moment, but naturally I’d like to try one out to compare. Does anyone know where there may be one to try? Either for sale or if anyone wants to swap horns for a day (I have a B&S 4197). I am a grad student located in Cleveland, but would be willing to travel a decent distance. Thanks everyone!
MM-CIM ‘23
No scales is no life