WTB: Tuba CC

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
christinafrancais
lurker
lurker

WTB: Tuba CC

Post by christinafrancais »

Yes, this is quite general, but I'm not sure what my options are and looking to see what could fit me. 56 year old female, 5'2", 110 lbs.

I've played a Wessex Dolce Euphonium for a year and I love it much. Now the orchestra I've been propelled into needs Low brass so I'm it. I was thinking of a Wessex Junior 3/4 but was told to get a CC. I can scrape no more than 1500.00 with shipping. There are so many used BBb out there but at my age I can't quickly relearn a new set of fingering, scales... and would possibly not be able to keep a beast from tipping me over.

Any hints, tips or offers? It doesn't have to look too pretty; dings are ok if it plays decently.

Christina
Love my Mack 410!

Tubagal
MKTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: Tuba CC

Post by MKTuba »

I will have a Cc tuba on the market in the next few months that Id be willing to let go of in that price range. Even though this isn’t a good business tactic, I’d actually just advise you to pick up a BBb tuba. I love my Cc tuba, but I really don’t see the point in switching to CC in your position. I think that we as tuba players place way too much importance on the key of the tuba that we play… it can make a difference but a good player who puts in the work can make anything sound good. Certain horns make certain jobs easier (6/4 CC in orchestra, Large bass tuba/ small contrabass in brass quintet, Eb tuba in a brass band ETC) but anything is possible if you put in the time in the shed.

Try to find a 4 valve horn. I am sure you can find a conn or king BBb tuba in this price range, and potentially on older Miraphone 186.

Good luck!
B&S 3198 (PT6P)
Wilson 3200s

BM Tuba Performance @ Michigan State
christinafrancais
lurker
lurker

I appreciate your opinion. My reason for CC is that I won't have to relearn a new fingering; treble cleft Euphonium = CC base cleft. Small fry for a pro but a good sz hill to climb for me.

Thanks, I'll look at my options in Bb.
Love my Mack 410!

Tubagal
MKTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by MKTuba »

Totally makes sense! If you are committed to CC I support you!

Look for old Miraphone 186 CC, or a used wessex/ mackbrass Cc. In a month or two I will have a Mack 410 on the market within your price range
B&S 3198 (PT6P)
Wilson 3200s

christinafrancais
lurker
lurker

A month or so doesn't sound to long to wait if I can't find anything. Can you keep me in mind when it's ready for sale?

Thanks
Love my Mack 410!

Tubagal
MKTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by MKTuba »

Absolutely!
B&S 3198 (PT6P)
Wilson 3200s