WTB Practice Mute

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
JadenCruz
lurker
lurker

WTB Practice Mute

Post by JadenCruz »

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a practice mute for a St. Petersburg BBQ tuba. I'm not having any luck finding any actually available. There's a lot of mute makers, but not a lot that actually make them for tuba. If you want to get rid of yours, or know someone who has one to move, please let me know.
The Brute Squad
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB Practice Mute

Post by The Brute Squad »

Hi Jaden. I would look at the Schlipf practice mute (sold by Buddy Roger's Music if you're in the US). It's a great practice mute that I've been using for a few years now.

Based on the fitting guide, either a 6 or 7 should fit your horn. You could always reach out to Chris Hite at Buddy Roger's (he's also on TN occasionally) to see if one size works better than the other.
Joe K

Player of tuba, taker of photos, breaker of things (mostly software)

Miraphone 181 F w/ GW Matanuska/Yamaha John Griffiths
Kalison Daryl Smith w/ Blokepiece (#2 32.6, Orchestra Grand Cup, Symphony American shank)
JadenCruz
lurker
lurker

Re: WTB Practice Mute

Post by JadenCruz »

Thanks for the recommendation!