Inexpensive Front Action Recording Bell Euphoniums (Marching Baritones)

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
tylerferris1213
3 valves
3 valves

Inexpensive Front Action Recording Bell Euphoniums (Marching Baritones)

Post by tylerferris1213 »

Hello! Like the title says, I'm looking for inexpensive front action recording bell euphoniums. These used to be pretty popular, but have been in much less demand in recent decades; especially the 3 valve versions. For what I'm looking for, the valves have to be in great condition. It's an added bonus if the bell and bottom bow aren't smashed up. The top branch and valve circuits don't have to be in great condition. If you have one or more (preferably same brand) please shoot me an email at tylerferris1213@gmail.com. Thanks for looking!
Tyler Ferris
Wessex British F
York Monster Eb
Getzen CB-50 CC
Cerveny CBB-601 BBb
"Yamayork" Frankentuba Contrabass FF
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Inexpensive Front Action Recording Bell Euphoniums (Marching Baritones)

Post by bort »

Sent you an email :tuba:
tylerferris1213
3 valves
3 valves

Post by tylerferris1213 »

bort wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:15 pm Sent you an email :tuba:
I believe I just responded to it. At least I hope that was you lol
Tyler Ferris
Wessex British F
York Monster Eb
Getzen CB-50 CC
Cerveny CBB-601 BBb
"Yamayork" Frankentuba Contrabass FF
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Um, what you are describing are not marching baritones. What you are describing are what used to be the standard mid brass pitched in Bb instruments in USA concert bands from beginner through high school and college to community bands from the 20's until recently, and made by every major manufacturer, including King, Conn, Reynolds, Martin, Olds, Buescher, Bundy, Holton, etc. I actually prefer them in concert band, because having a slightly smaller bore than a British-style euphonium, but still with a conical profile, to my ears they blend better with both woodwinds, especially saxophones, and brass, whether providing a lower voice to a trombone tutti or the upper octave tutti to tubas, or to give more color to a french horn tutti. I have a modern version of one, the Wessex BR115, which was only made for a short time. It has a slightly larger bore than the traditional instruments, and with a Wick Ultra 6, which is essentially a 6 1/2 AL with a slightly deeper cup, it gives a great round tone, less graininess in the lower register, more lyric in the middle register, and more security in the top register because you can put a little more air through it. I believe that American concert bands lost their great cohesive tonality when baritones were replaced by euphoniums, to say nothing of cornets being replaced by trumpets. But that last one is a rant for another day.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.