Hirsbrunner HB-2 Hard Case

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Kristian_Nudlash
lurker
lurker

Hirsbrunner HB-2 Hard Case

Post by Kristian_Nudlash »

I recently acquired a 1998 HB-2, but it only came with a Cronkhite gig bag. Does anyone know where to find a good hard case for this particular instrument? Shipping might be an issue too as I live in Alaska. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks!
Easy Mac
bugler
bugler

Re: Hirsbrunner HB-2 Hard Case

Post by Easy Mac »

I think Adams 0ffers the old HB-2 and 2P models, perhaps improved or altered, but the bell and outer branches will likely match yours.

Email Adams. If they still sell their version of the old HB-1, 2, 1P or 2P then ask them what case they use for these horns. The old HB-21 may also use the same case. (I know they sell a version of that tuba.) I think the 2 will drop into a case blocked for any of these, but you might have to modify the blocking in the lid to allow for the 5th slide.

I am sure it will be a Jakob Winter case, and these are very nice, but expensive cases. However, once you have the needed info you can try to hunt one down. (Or you can just buy a new one.) And yes, the shipping fee will be both high and unavoidable.
CC
pro musician
pro musician

Post by CC »

An MTS 1207 case should work, no need to drop big $$$ on the Winter case.
Kristian_Nudlash
lurker
lurker

Post by Kristian_Nudlash »

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll look into them.