Looking for BBb Tuba Rental or WTB <$3000 BBb Tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Camch23
lurker
lurker

Looking for BBb Tuba Rental or WTB <$3000 BBb Tuba

Post by Camch23 »

Hi all,

I’m an Atlanta-area high school senior tubist who is looking to graduate early in December, but will be left without an instrument to use if I do so. I’ve looked around online and most tuba rentals are for 3/4 BBb beginner horns, but does anyone know of a person/place that would rent a 4/4 or 5/4 BBb tuba until around March (after college audition season)?

Alternatively, I would also be willing to purchase a BBb horn for less than $3000 that I would flip later.

Thanks,
Cameron
Last edited by Camch23 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Looking for C Tuba Rental

Post by arpthark »

Where are you located?

You might contact the tuba instructor at local colleges/universities to see if they have anything available.

Mack Brass/Dillon/etc. Chinese CC tubas pop up for sale fairly often for around $1,500 used if you keep an eye out and save up some money, or borrow some from a loving family member.
Camch23
lurker
lurker

Re: Looking for C Tuba Rental

Post by Camch23 »

Sorry, forgot to mention that I’m in metro Atlanta. And I appreciate that advice, I’ll be sure to contact local tuba instructors!
Camch23
lurker
lurker

Re: Looking for BBb Tuba Rental or WTB <$3000 BBb Tuba

Post by Camch23 »

Updated to include willingness to purchase a horn as well