WTB: Lightly Used (like-new playability) CC 5/4 or 6/4 Horn for college

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
maybe_grimes
lurker
lurker

WTB: Lightly Used (like-new playability) CC 5/4 or 6/4 Horn for college

Post by maybe_grimes »

I am a highschool senior and I am transitioning into college. I am going to the University of Alabama and I am majoring in Music Education.
My family and I are looking for a horn to buy within the 4-8 thousand range (cheaper if possible obviously).
One of my highschool's alumni that graduated three years ago has a Wessex Wyvern and that's the horn that I have been looking at specifically.

I live just outside Huntsville, Alabama. Send me a message if you can help!

Thank you! :D
JNeja
lurker
lurker

Re: WTB: Lightly Used (like-new playability) CC 5/4 or 6/4 Horn for college

Post by JNeja »

If you’re still looking, this might be up your alley (if they’re still selling):

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=101128

I just started my undergrad a state over from you. I got an ex-demo Chicago-York (same thing, but with a 20” bell) and it’s a fantastic horn that I can’t recommend enough, and they’re selling it for ~6000 which is a phenomenal deal. Another member of my studio has the wyvern, you can expect the same (or maybe a bit higher ) quality level from the Chicago models that you do on those.

If you want any input on how these horns play from someone who isn’t trying to sell you one, I’d be happy to fill you in on anything you might want to know.

Best of luck! :tuba: